Motherhood | Beauty | Lifestyle

Wednesday 31 October 2018

5 Girl names we love but didn’t use


As you probably know by now, we decided to call our daughter Mila.

Is safe to say that naming a child is hard. There are so many beautiful names to chose from and you have to think of everything before deciding a name that your kid will have for life. It’s such a big responsibility!

We narrowed it down to a few names that we liked before settling for Mila - I just had a couple of conditions:

- The name had to be written and pronounced the same way in English and Spanish.
- Had to be short and easy to say/remember.

Here are some names we absolutely love but for one reason or another didn’t end up using.

*Disclaimer: Please do not take offence if your name is one of the five names mentioned. They’re on this list because I love them!*

Penny 
Six years ago when Jac and I started seeing each other we used to fantasied about how many kids we would have, what would we call them, etc. Well Penny was going to be our youngest daughter - we were going to have 2 boys and a girl.
We both love the name Penny but I think we talked about it so much that we got a bit bored of it before I evem got pregnant.
Also, my niece said it sounded like penis in Spanish.

Lily
Lily has always been one of my favourite names. I think it’s really sweet and short, just what I like. However, Jac said it’s very common here in the UK (obviously it isn’t in Spain where I come from) and he just didn’t want any popular names.

Molly
adore the name Molly. Jac’s little sister’s middle name is Molly so I thought I would win the argument on this one and that as soon as I mentioned it he would say yes. But he preferred Mila. (It was really between these two by the end of the pregnancy).

Millie
So this is another name that I love but neither Jac or my dad like it. Jac said it reminded her of Amelia (someone he knew and never liked) and my dad just said it’s a common dog name in Spain.

For all Millies out there, I still love the name regardless what my husband or dad think.

Poppy
This was simple, I love the name but not the fact that Jac was seeing a girl called Poppy a few months before we got together. He used to tell me all about her so I couldn’t possibly give my daughter her name.

So there you are, five girl names I love but I didn’t use and won’t be using in the future. 

What are your favourite names? What are those names you love but wouldn’t use?


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment